As Katelyn would say it on behalf of her and Alyssa: "Happy Dada's Day!"
Unfortunately Rick is not here, again. Before he left and as an early daddy's day gift, Katelyn and Alyssa gave him a butterfly handprint craft to hang in his rack- the place needs some color and decoration! Rick was sitting on the couch holding Alyssa bear and Katelyn very proudly walked over, gently holding the craft to present to Rick. He asked if she made it and she proudly said "yeah". She was beaming with pride, it was so sweet!
We also wrapped his daddy's day gift and stuck it in his bag with explicit instructions to open only on daddy's day. If you'd like to see what he got, you'll have to wait! He said he would take a picture and upload it when they pull into the next port.
Rick is such a wonderful father. He actually plays with the girls (sort of like a big kid actually), has plans to build things for them (I write plans because he is never home long enough to get projects started with everything else that needs attending), ideas to decorate their rooms. I love how "hands on" he is. He is one of the most hardworking men that I know and he puts his family first. These are a few of the traits that I most adore and admire about him. I am both proud and grateful that I can call him my husband and the father of my children.
No comments:
Post a Comment