Katelyn, you began swim lessons again today. You started swim while daddy was deployed, but then your teacher Ms Alex began graduate school and was no longer a swim coach at our swim school. We started you with a new teacher and while she was very sweet, you only wanted Ms Alex! Ms Camry (your second swim teacher) always gave you a little extra attention but I think that the change- a combination of daddy being gone, entering a new class with a new teacher at school and a new swim coach- it was just a little too much for you. You had a few lessons with your second swim coach but I decided to just pull you out completely. You started to cry when it was time for swim lessons and when you were in the water, you started to make excuses to get out- you needed to go potty, needed to blow your nose, you were cold, etc. I wanted this to be fun and not stressful since you already had too much change going on, more change than a child should ever have. I do have to say, you can swim. Ms Alex taught you well, you just don't like to swim for fun.
Today was your first class with Ms Courtney and you had lots of fun! I was a little sad for you because on the way to swim class you asked me if Ms Alex had come back yet. When I told you that she wasn't a swim coach anymore you got really sad and quiet. So I reminded you that tonight with Ms Courtney you would also be able to swim with Romie and Jakey! That cheered you up! You did tell me that you didn't want to go underwater and I said that was fine, just let the teacher know. While in swim class, you decided that you would give it a try and you did go underwater. There were times when you were hesitant and clung onto your teacher, but you still gave it a shot. I am very proud of you Katelyn. While you were hesitant, you tried. That is what matters!
After swim you asked me if we could "go eat beets", which means- you wanted to eat at Souplantation. You love to eat there, it is your favorite place! It was a mommy and Katelyn date since daddy and Alyssa had already had dinner. You wanted them to go but I think you equally enjoyed our one-to-one time together.
No comments:
Post a Comment