Monday, January 23, 2012

Alyssa bear's first day of school

Alyssa bear, you started preschool today and it is very bittersweet. It is hard to believe that in a few days you will be two. *gulp* not sure how these past two years just flew by, but even on our bad days- the way you just come up to cuddle with me- those are the best days ever. I unfortunately did not get to drop you off this morning, or for any day really. Both you and your sister go to preschool for half days (0900-1430) and I am already at work. I am already super excited for you to show me your class this Friday when I do get to pick you up! Since your birthday is officially this Thursday, we are bringing in treats for the class this Friday.
Your teacher is Miss Sierra, she was also Katelyn's first teacher when she began preschool! I specifically asked for you to be in her class because of how much Katelyn adored her.
This month you will be learning about the arctic animals. Today you learned more about walruses and polar bears. For art, you finger painted a polar bear today. I can't wait to start collecting your artwork! When popo dropped you off this morning, she told me that you didn't even say bye! Instead, you just wandered off to go play! After awhile you began to cry for me though, they brought you to Katelyn's class so she could cheer you up- which she of course did! You didn't really care for lunch, I packed you food you normally eat but I know it is just part of the change which you are not yet used to. Before you go to school, you eat a nice, big breakfast at home. On the way home, popo told me that you started to snack.
I love how Miss Sierra did your hair, I had to take a picture of you when I got home from work. I love it! I was surprised that you kept your hair in pigtails! Every time I try to do anything to your hair, you take out the hair ties! Stinker!

Tonight before bed, you climbed up into my lap and wanted me to color with you. Alyssa, the small things like that are what I love to do with you. We just sit and color together and you stop to give me a kiss and then proceed to coloring. There was a moose on the picture and you told me "mama, feet, you" and you handed me a crayon.





No comments:

Post a Comment