Friday, July 23, 2010

A post that somehow turned into: Mommy Confessions

Another week has come and gone and this quote came across my mind- I actually read it in a Facebook Status.

The days are long but the years are short.

There are days where I sit "zombie-fied" wishing that the girls would fall asleep so I could get downstairs to clean & get ready for the next day, do something mindless, have an email date with my husband, watch TV, digital scrapbook, BLOG and then get some sleep myself! Even getting in any one of the mentioned items would be wonderful! I typically get the girls bags packed and then go back to bed because it is already 11pm or so. My days just seem exhausting & long- I don't think I have ever (since Katelyn was born) been able to have a To Do list completely marked off. Instead, I am continually adding to my list and have even resorted to creating a Goals List. Then I sit here wondering where did all the time go? How is it possible that my sweet newborn is about to eat solids? My toddler is no longer considered a toddler and is instead in the preschool stages? That I have- not one, but TWO kids?!?! And I am contemplating about a third? I know my husband just stopped to do a double take on that sentence. LOL. This is the thing- I cannot say I want another baby, but I cannot say that I do NOT want another baby. More than two is difficult, financially. But on the other hand, I want them to all have each other growing up. So I am very undecided. If we were rich, then the choice would be easy! That is why I was VERY adamant about having kids that were close in age. Rick grew up as an only child so he didn't really understand WHY I wanted them close in age. Now that he sees the interaction between Katelyn and Alyssa, he understands.

If someone would have told me 5 years ago that I would never be allowed to pee alone, shower alone or that I would think the steam shark mop is only the greatest invention- I would have thought they were loosing their marbles.

And here are my "Mommy Confessions"

I can honestly say that I definitely had preconceived ideas of what *I* would be like as a parent and that things I've witnessed from other parents would in my perfect world- never happen. You know, like being able to pee without a preschooler wanting to give me the toilet paper and then tell me I get a cookie for going to the potty. This isn't a bad thing, I just wish that I could go pee alone. It is sort of endearing....  We have actually made progress because while I was pregnant, Katelyn would panic if I showered or went "potty" with the door shut. Now showers- I miss my long, hot showers. With Rick being deployed or getting ready to deploy constantly and Katelyn refusing to let me shower alone- I can't take the hot showers that I once did.

What else have I done that I swore I would never do? Feed my kid fast food. Yeah, mommy fail there. I actually will use food to bribe my kid to do something. You know, my dad did the same thing to Katelyn actually! HHAHAAH. I asked him if he had a drink for Katelyn before they went to the park and he said something along the lines of "No, if she is thirsty than she will want to come home and get her drink."
Because Grandpa can't deny his granddaughter playtime at the park, even if they've been there for two hours and counting. LOL.

Juice Box , M's (M&M's), whock-yat (chocolate), cookies, bob-eye (Popeye's french fries) are the usual culprits used in bribes for trying to get Katelyn to do something. Such as: leave the park because Alyssa decided she wanted to poop everywhere and on me.... You know, while Alyssa hangs on me blissfully unaware that it is ON me and is instead laughing up a storm at Katelyn going down the slide.  Or I use it for times when she is moving SLOW as MOLASSES and also when I just want her to eat her dinner! The conversation is- Katelyn, hurry and finish you dinner so we can go get ice cream! She pretty much inhales her food and it is gone... I don't really do the dinner/dessert much though because I do not want her being accustomed dinner and dessert.

Here is another mommy fail. Katelyn has this baby doll that laughs, blinks, cries and says basic words. You know, let me first say that kid toys that make noises do NOT bother me. They didn't bother me until this doll came along. This is actually the only toy that we never have batteries for. The reason why we are mysteriously out of batteries again is because this doll creeps me out! She blinks like 5 times in 15 seconds and reminds me of how creepy a doll can be such as in that movie Chuckie. (Is that the name of the movie?!) Anyway, I knew the doll made noise but had it in the "OFF" mode. Then my brother one day turned it on and was like- Angela, did you know that you can turn the doll on?
Me: Ummmm, yeah I did.... As Katelyn squeals with excitement because she just now made the discovery that her doll can talk, burp, blink and act "human".
Thanks Walter! LOL.

I never knew how much a 2 year old can test my patience and make me want to run screaming far away from the house. This rarely happens because Katelyn really is a good kid. Then when she gives me kisses for no reason at all, I wonder how could I have ever thought that way? Those drive-by hugs and kisses are the best!

Alright, so back to that quote:
The days are long, but the years are short.

This quote inspires me to blog  more often. I want to remember all these memories, share them with the girls when they are older so they can look back and see what life was like in their younger, undomesticated, cave person years. I really hope I don't loose my blogging mojo again.

Life with kids is pure happiness. It definitely changes things, but for the better! I couldn't image my life any other way!

No comments:

Post a Comment