Picture this
6am and the house is dead quiet. I am sleeping. Alyssa is also sound asleep. Katelyn is awake and physically opens one of my eyes and whispers "Momma, go school!!! Go school NOW!!!"
LOL! I only hope this excitement & love for school continues!
She picked out her outfit for the day- she didn't even fight me on the shoes because she was just really excited to get out of the house and go to school! Normally, she likes to wear her cute little sandals but for school I want her to wear tennis shoes.
Waking up Alyssa is the last thing I did- she looked at me and gave me this crazy look like: What the heck are you doing waking me up mommy?
Driving to drop off the girls- Alyssa with my mom and Katelyn at school was fun. Katelyn was making silly faces and Alyssa was hysterically laughing. When Alyssa laughs, it makes Katelyn laugh which absolutely melts my heart. Something about laughter from children- it is just so pure and innocent. I am so glad that they have each other to grow up with. Rick grew up as an only child and he didn't understand why I wanted more than 1 child until he saw the interaction between the girls as well as the interaction between the girls and the rest of the family. I wish he had the same experience I had- growing up in a big family- but I am happy that he is able to experience that now.
I'll never forget the day that Rick told me how he much he loves that the rest of the family ADORES the girls. He told me "I dropped Katelyn off and they just snatched her up and were like cackling hens taking her to go see great grandma."
No comments:
Post a Comment