From coloring, to painting, baking banana muffins, playing with the iPad, building tracks for the trains which included duplo tunnels, pretending we were a marching band, blanket forts in the living room, dance parties to Hot Dog Hot Dog Hot Diggity Dog and we squeezed in some very needed cleaning and laundry. It was definitely a packed day for us.
Katelyn can always make me laugh by the things she says but Alyssa always makes me laugh by the things she does! I've been struggling with trying to get Alyssa to eat finger foods. The girl wants NOTHING to do with them. Today for lunch we had black bean quesidillas and I gave Alyssa some shredded cheese to try. Of course, she didn't care for it. She enjoys playing with anything in front of her, but she shows no interest in eating it. I also gave her some cheerios and today is the first time ever that she actually ATE it. I was in a complete shock of happiness, if that even makes any sense.
Alyssa would pick up a cheerios and chew on it with her front teeth. It was too cute! She had this look on her face that read- ok, my teeth are to chew but this is what you want me to chew? Are you serious? Give me back my yogurt and oatmeal. LOL. So the end result is, she chewed on the cheerios and maybe ate a little few but she mostly chewed on it then put her hand in her mouth to dig out the crumbs. HAHAHAHA.
Being that Katelyn only napped for 30 minutes, she was in bed by 6:45 today. Alyssa and I were downstairs and she found the jar of puffs. She had a blast feeding me! This is why I say she makes me laugh with the things that she does. Earlier today when we were eating cheerios, I would place a cheerio on my tongue while it was sticking out before I ate it. I was trying to show her that we eat the cheerios, not just play with them. So she takes a puff, puts it in her mouth then a second later she sticks her tongue out at me and has the puff at the tip of her tongue. LOL. She kept doing this, so much for trying to get her to eat it because she thought it was some sort of game to leave the food at the tip of her tongue. LOL. I guess it didn't help that I kept laughing, but she is too silly and cute!
You know, I did win today with our meal time challenges. I gave her oatmeal mixed in with apples and sweet potato and she gobbled it up.
No comments:
Post a Comment