Ugh.
This morning she woke up in tears asking for him again, so I grabbed my laptop and let her watch video clips in bed. I snapped a few pictures with my camera phone. Not the best shots, but I've learned that it is more about the story than the picture.
![]() |
| Alyssa Bear was just sound asleep! |
![]() |
| She likes to sleep with a bottle of water now, notice that it is a princess cup? :) |
![]() |
| Giving Rickey a Good Morning Kiss! |
I think it helps her to tremendously to see these little video clips. They aren't from big events, but just the simple everyday moments such as eating M&Ms, reading books, putting on "owie cream". "Owie Cream" is lotion that she puts on Rick's owies in case anyone was wondering. Rick doesn't even have any owies but Dr Katelyn has an awesome imagination.
Today is also Katelyn's birthday! I was in labor from the night on February 3 until she was born on February 4th, 2008 at 4:34pm. I feel so blessed to have such a wonderful family. My parents were there at the hospital, Precious got a phone call that I was in labor and pretty much dropped everything at work and drove down. My brother drove from Vegas and was with Victor at our house the day we came home from the hospital. Then everyone started visiting.
Today just brings back a multitude of wonderful memories. I never knew how much was missing from my life until we had Katelyn and then two years later, Alyssa Bear!
Having such a large family, what means the most to me is that everyone wants to see the girls, they want to see pictures, cook for them, spend time together playing, they call to have (as much as they can have) a conversation with Katelyn or hear Alyssa laugh! As a mother, seeing the excitement on their faces is pure happiness for me. Knowing how much they are loved by everyone else, words can't describe how much that means to both Rick and myself.
I've also noticed that the girls can make full grown adults, including Rick and I, act like kids again.



No comments:
Post a Comment