Saturday, February 19, 2011

A day in our life.... 2011

The things that Katelyn says are endearing.
Katelyn says, "I love you too much mommy"

I say, I love you too big girl. But do you mean, I love you very much? She says, "no mommy, I love you too much"

The girls played with a carton full of eggs- a carton with plastic Easter eggs that is. The play kitchen is a popular spot in our house. With all of the play food we have, I never would have thought that plastic eggs in an egg carton would be the toy that they played with for hours! Alyssa would take the eggs out and put them back in. Katelyn was pretending to make scrambled eggs for me.

Alyssa has been a cuddle bug these past few days. She had a fever earlier in the week, followed by a cold so she just wants to lay ON me. Which I love!

I don't think that I've spoken to one person who tells me, they sleep in your bed- how fun! Instead I get, oh- they'll never get out of your bed. How do you sleep? You let them sleep in your bed? Are you crazy?
I actually can't sleep if they aren't IN the bed with me. Maybe our situation is different, but I didn't want to put Katelyn back in her bed when she started coming into ours simply because I knew she would regress once Rick deployed. Besides, they are only going to be this age once and then they won't want anything to do with us one day. LOL.
Whatever the reasoning, I enjoy it and it won't last forever.

I think the best part is when they wake up in the morning, the girls give each other hugs and kisses- me included! What a great way to start the day!

Every Thursday Rick sends the girls something in the mail. Katelyn counts every Thursday on a calendar until Rick comes home from this deployment. Friday we were driving past the post office and Katelyn asked me, "Mommy, whats that building?" I told her it was the post office where people get their mail. She told me, "where daddy brings my Thursday gifts?" LOL. I told her yes, but daddy goes to the post office on his ship.

Alyssa got a new pair of shoes! While she has been walking since she was 10 months, I let her walk barefoot in the grass if we go out. Now that the weather is getting somewhat better and she is also getting older, she isn't content with that!

No comments:

Post a Comment