Friday, December 30, 2011

Katelyn: Life at 3 years old!

Katelyn, in one short month you will be four years old! Life at 3 has been a roller coaster of emotions. This past year was a little different because daddy was deployed for the majority of it. There were days when you would cry to sleep for him, ask if it was Halloween in the middle of summer as that is when you knew he would be home again. This was a difficult year but we made the best of our time while he was away. I tried my best to always keep you busy and made sure that you knew daddy loved and missed you very much. I don't think that you quite knew how to express your feelings but that is something that we are working on.  There were days when you were sad and the only thing that would cheer you up was to watch video clips of you and daddy. You are definitely a daddy's girl.

You love to help mommy with pretty much everything that I do and you are an AWESOME big sister! You listen very well and protect Alyssa is she tries to venture into something that she shouldn't! If I could describe your personality in 5 words, it would be this:
1. Loving
2. Cautious
3. Bubbly
4. Genuine
5. Curious

Katelyn, you love to make everyone around you happy and often act silly to get others to laugh. You can be reserved and shy but once you open up- your personality shines through. You always protect your baby sister, you have a shoe fetish and love to sing and dance! We have enrolled you in music class at school and you always come home singing a new song. You also love your ballet and gymnastics classes! We tried soccer and you wanted nothing to do with the class- I am not sure if it is because you didn't like soccer or it was because you had a male instructor. If it isn't daddy, you don't like men!

You love to color and paint, you have a really great memory and memorize pages of books that we read often. Your favorite books are: Its The Bear! and Chicka Chicka Boom Boom. You love to watch Jake and The Neverland Pirates, Little Einsteins, Dora The Explorer and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. You are still my fruit gobblin! You don't have a favorite- you just eat any fruit that you find! Our fridge is always stocked with blackberries, strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, apples and kefir milk! You request peanut butter and jelly for lunch at school all the time! You also have a dress up chest and playing dress up is a daily routine in our house! I never thought to get you a chest for dress up clothes but your cousin Deegan gave you one for Christmas and it has quickly become one of your most prized possessions! It is full of dresses, shoes and jewelry- you are quite the girly girl!

I have so many wonderful memories with you. I hope you always turn to your sister for help and you turn to her when she needs help. You two can help each other through anything, seeing the love between you two is amazing. I love you Katelyn!

No comments:

Post a Comment