Tonight while we were reading books before bed, Katelyn wanted to spell out some of the words on the pages after Alyssa pointed them out. The word was "yellow" and Katelyn proceeded to spell it out as "Y, E, eleven, O, W... yellow!" Kids say the funniest things. :)
Wednesday, December 28, 2011
Our NEW Bedtime Routine
Out of no where, Alyssa is suddenly self-weaning herself from nursing! I am happy that this doesn't seem to be a HUGE battle, but saddened that she is really growing up!!! Originally, my goal was to nurse her a few months after her first birthday. The problem was, Rick deployed and when she wanted to nurse I couldn't exactly give her to someone else to put back to sleep or distract her. So I figured that we would attempt to wean when Rick came home. Now that is a whole different story because Alyssa wanted NOTHING to do with Rick. There were times when I felt horrible for him, he tried so hard to get her to interact with him and she would just cry and scream for me. The new plan was to get Alyssa to like Rick, then wean her so that this way he could attempt to put her to sleep. Well, out of no where Alyssa suddenly decided she did not need to nurse at night anymore! We still have a normal routine: bath, playtime, books, cuddles, then I just place each of the girls in bed and give them kisses and I walk out! Before I go to sleep I open their door and of course I usually find Alyssa snuggled up with Katelyn. It is such a sweet sight.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment