She was more excited about our trip this time since this is what she is currently learning about at school. I think she is more excited about learning at school instead of at home because she has other kids her age to learn and play with. For example, we have the book Good Night Moon and she never showed an interest in that particular book. However when her teacher focused her curriculum on that book for the week this past summer, it because Katelyn's FAVORITE book! Remember this post about Katelyn reading to her sister? Yes, it was the Good Night Moon book!
Anyway, back to our Sea World trip... we got there and while waiting for Ilona and Alex to arrive, we took the girls into Bay of Play which is the Sesame Street area of Sea World. Katelyn LOVES bounce houses but she wasn't tall enough to get in! She had to settle for the area that Alyssa was playing in. Honestly, I don't think she was to sad that she wasn't tall enough because she had fun playing with Alyssa! And then more fun when Romie and Jakey arrived.
We tried to sign up for a penguin encounter experience but they were sold out. That will just have to be for another trip.
Alyssa hung out in the sling and slept most of the time. Life is grand at that age, isn't it?! That is why she isn't in any pictures. I am the photographer and she just hangs out in the sling. :) She did surprise me in that I have discovered Alyssa likes dippin dots banana split ice cream! Ok- the reason why I am surprised is that this kid likes to pretend she is eating but actually EATING is another story. She doesn't even like lumpy food. We are working diligently to get her on track. At Disneyland, I gave her a bite of Katelyn's chocolate strawberry filled birthday cake and she didn't like it! She spit it out, started gagging and acted like we were poisoning her! LOL. I let her try a bite of ice cream last night and she spit it out with the same reaction to cake. So I started wondering, what is she going to have on her birthday- oatmeal?! (Which is her favorite) Well, I gave her a bite of dippin dots and she wanted more! She voiced her discontent when I took the cup full of dippin dots away from her. What a stinker!

No comments:
Post a Comment