Today was just another day- but it is the small moments that I love to document.
Our Saturday's consists of ballet for Katelyn, which she did awesome at! She recently moved up into the 4-5 year old class and despite being one of the youngest, when I asked her teacher how is she doing, she told me that "Katelyn is doing wonderfully and this class is a perfect fit for her."
We wanted to go to the zoo but it was a bit cold out so we just staid home and played. In the middle of lunch Alyssa pulls her blanket into the kitchen and tells me "Picnic!!!" It was endearing to watch her have a picnic with her baby doll and bambi. She would give them each food and tell them "eat, ok?... thank you!" Her "thank you" sounds more like "tang you". Her imagination is amazing. Of course she later takes one of her cars to join in on the tea party. :)
We ended up taking a family nap today! We were all asleep in various spots in the living room. HAHA. After nap we knew the girls needed to get out but it was still cold out and started to drizzle so we went to the store to look at some clothes. I think that today was the first time that Katelyn had fun picking out her clothes. She has always enjoyed looking at clothes with me but got bored pretty quickly. Shoes, now that is a different story! Today however, she was very focused and reading the tags to find shirts in her size. She wanted to try them on in the dressing room and everything! I can see many fun and expensive trips to the mall in the future! I have to admit, that I do love to shop with her. These past few weeks she has also started to pick out her clothes for school and insists on wearing something specific. I let her pick one item and then I pick the other.
Due to us over sleeping, bedtime got pushed back a bit but that is ok. I really like that the girls are on a better schedule but every now and then I don't care that we veer off schedule. The girls helped me with a late dinner. They each stood on dining room chairs in the kitchen so they could reach the counter and helped me to stretch out pizza dough, I spooned the sauce on top and then they sprinkled the cheese on top. The girls only really like cheese so to get them to eat other stuff with their pizza I add extra ingredients to the sauce. This sauce had ground turkey, olives, anchovies and tomatoes. I can happily say that the pizza was gobbled down! Alyssa wasn't too fond of our salad. Katelyn was the same way at her age so hopefully she will grow out of it. Katelyn does love her salads now though! Her favorite part I think is the chunks of avocado and the grape tomatoes.
That was pretty much our Saturday. It might not be exciting to others, but I love just the simple every day moments that I have the opportunity to spend with the girls. Especially since Rick and I work during the week.
No comments:
Post a Comment