Our evenings are hectic. Mommy and daddy work and then by the time we get home it is cuddles and a short playtime, then off to cook dinner, bath, playtime/stories and then bed.
Last night as I was putting Katelyn to sleep, I told her that we were going to the circus in a few weeks. I asked her if she knew what the circus was and she told me she did, there are lots of people and they swing like monkeys from the bars like she does at gymnastics. She also asked me if Uncle Steven was going with us. After the girls were in bed, I texted Uncle Steven to tell him what Katelyn had asked me. He said he was coming over tomorrow to hang out with them. Tonight as I was driving home from work, daddy called to tell me not to worry about dinner. I had planned to bake salmon with vegetables but when Katelyn heard Uncle Steven was coming over, she asked him to bring pizza! And of course, being the fabulous uncle that he is, he brought what the girls wanted for dinner.
Katelyn cracks me up, she listens to our conversations when we think she isn't listening. Rick always says- Steven, stop getting them riled up. So after dinner, Katelyn told Steven, "Come on Uncle Steven, get me riled up!!!" LOL. There was lots of hide and seek, airplane rides, swimming in the air and then the girls did something that they rarely do with Steven... they sat and played together! We all helped the girls decorate Mr. and Mrs Potato Heads! Katelyn's potato is on the left and Alyssa's is on the right. Good thing Auntie Courtney sent down an extra potato head for Christmas because we originally only had one!
Today is also Uncle Victor's birthday. Katelyn asked me if we could go to the cupcake store to get Uncle Victor a red cupcake (red velvet), she said it is his favorite. I am not sure why she thinks that! The only thing that I can think of is last year for Katelyn's birthday I bought a bunch of cupcakes and Victor may have eaten a red velvet cupcake and Katelyn remembers him saying that it was good?!?! She has an amazing memory!
I told her that we would go to the cupcake store when the weather is better, it has been raining for the past few days on and off! Then we also have ballet or swim in the evenings so it makes it sort of difficult to get there.
Our next few weekends are pretty busy but I love that it is because we are busy with family stuff and not errands! Katelyn is also super excited to see her cousin Jake. The last time they saw each other was at Disneyland and Alyssa was still hanging out in a sling!
No comments:
Post a Comment