Thursday, November 13, 2014

Getting back into the routine of blogging....

What a gap in my blogging history! Ack!

Not sure what has caused me to start back up... it may have to do with the fact that I've been slacking with my digital scrapbooking. Looking back at these posts, I can't believe how much time has passed, how much bigger the girls have grown, how our lifestyle has changed! 

Currently:

Katelyn is in first grade, yes first grade! When she is older, she wants to be a baker and an artist. She is my foodie and while other kids are watching cartoons, she is watching Food Network. Her favorite show is 'The Pioneer Woman', she also loves to watch the holiday cook-off type shows. She is excelling in gymnastics, the floor routine is her strength. She likes to rainbow loom, play with her American doll girl and I think her favorite medium regarding art would be oil pastels with water color. 

Alyssa bear, yes, that is still her nickname! Alyssa bear is in pre-kinder right now. She loves to dance and she recently began taking jazz and acro in addition to ballet. This little girl still melts my heart, I'll watch her during class and she will stop what she is doing to see what I am doing, then blow me a kiss. Alyssa is very empathetic and constantly gives love. She is always trying to figure out how things work and is very hands-on. She told me if she could be a fairy, she would be a tinker-fairy. Can you guess what she was for Halloween? This is a strength that I am trying to cultivate. I worry that it will diminish as she enters kindergarten which academically teaches in a way she doesn't respond well to. Alyssa loves puzzles, building structures out of all of her toys and playing board games. The Frozen Memory game is her favorite. 

Between Rick and I working, the girls going to school along with their extra curricular activities, our life is organized chaos and I wouldn't have it any other way! Oh and we recently added an addition to our family, we rescued a furry, four-legged boy name Leo (short for Leonardo DaVinci) who enjoys long walks on the beach and frolicking in the water. 




No comments:

Post a Comment