Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Ice Cream before lunch is always a fun treat!

0645: Katelyn comes in my room asking me to help her get on her favorite pink jeans. She immediately changes into jeans after she wakes up, but prefers her pajama top still.



0710: Katelyn is helping popo cut up greenbeans for dinner tonight.

0730: Alyssa woke up but is still tired, she layed down on the couch with Katelyn's Minnie Mouse pillow and asked to watch Strawberry Shortcake. Notice her socks? She likes to pull them up super high and she tells me she is playing soccer.



0740: Alyssa isn't happy that she is alone in the living room, she takes her pillow and lays down on the kitchen floor with popo. Katelyn is in the fridge deciding what she would like to eat for breakfast.



0800: I leave for work. The girls aren't happy but they know I have to leave.

1100: I accidentally left my badge for work at home, I run home to get it!

11:15: Walk through the door and Alyssa is wearing a diaper and a hat and is standing at her play kitchen cooking. Both girls run over and give me lots of love! I grab my badge and tell them that we are going to go get ice cream! Squeals of excitement as we get our shoes on and walk out the door!

1128: Lappert's Ice Cream shop doesn't open until 1130, the girls are peaking inside to see if they can see anything.




1130: Still waiting for Lappert's to open. Alyssa also took a friend on our trip, meet her elephant. She doesn't call him Dumbo, his name is elephant.

1132: Lappert's opens two minutes late! LOL. Katelyn was watching my phone and I had originally told her when it said 1130 they would open. She told me "Mommy, that was a very long time to wait for the ice cream store to open". LOL.

1135: Since I still had to go back to work, I asked the girls if it was ok if we got our ice cream to go. They said yes but asked if they could have a few bites before we got into the car. Alyssa couldn't really reach the table so Katelyn brought the jar down to her level. She is such a thoughful and loving big sister.



I drop them off and head back to work. I had the best lunch date, ever. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment