Tuesday, August 3, 2010

A Day in Our Life: The New School Routine

I know I've said this before, but I love when I walk into Katelyn's classroom and she has to play with every.single.toy before we leave. I have to bribe her some days to get her out the door, my bribe is the usual - Camelot and Buddy are waiting for you to feed them dinner! Her response: "Oh!!!!"
She will then, in a very hastily manner, proceed to take me to the art file so I can grab any papers and art work that is ready to take home. She prefers to grab her own lunch box and tries to open the door, if I try to help (and she needs my help because the doors aren't child accessible for a reason!) then she in a very direct and stern voice will tell me "I'll do it!" and also puts her hand out motioning me to stop and tells me "Stay!". HAAHAH.

I bought a school bag to carry her napping supplies. Each Sunday night, she helps me to pack her freshly laundered pillow, blanket and monkey. I am hoping that certain routines aid her in understanding the days of the week. Of course I had to get the monkey bag! Right now she has a standard sized pillow but I did buy a smaller size and am in the process of sewing a curious george pillow case to fit it.
For the record, while I was pregnant with Alyssa I had bid on that piece of George material on ebay. I had to literally sit and outbid someone else when it came down to the last seconds!!! Cotton Curious George material is hard to come by. In fact, I have yet to find an actual yard of George material as all I seem to come across are fat quarters and what not.
Then Pottery Barn Kids came out with their organic (read: more expensive than it needs to be) George bedding. Problem solved! Katelyn is such a Curious George aficionado. :)  I still plan to eventually make a George quilt for her, but in the mean time she adores her new bedding. Luckily that scrap of material was the PERFECT size for her pillow.

No comments:

Post a Comment