Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Days 114 and 115

I lost my blogging mojo. I want it back.

Total randomness.

No longer being on maternity leave, I am still trying to figure out how to balance life. Heck, being on maternity leave I was still trying to figure out how to balance life and everything it throws my way! Juggling a 26 month old and a 2ish month baby is.... interesting, full of sheer madness, pure silliness, a complete joy and sometimes the very opposite when all I want to do is run away into silence... complete blissful silence.

Day 114:
Friday evening consisted of grocery shopping. Yeah, I thought if Katelyn helped to pick out the food that she might perhaps be more willing to eat it. We are in, what seems to be a never ending P-I-C-K-Y stage! Drives me insane! This girl could be happy living off cheerios, I kid you not! Alyssa hung out in the sling and Rick pushed the shopping cart. I ended up needing to nurse Alyssa prior to heading home, while doing so images of Titanic were filling my head.
Let me explain!
You know the scene where the girl (I can't remember her name) is standing at the very front of the ship with that boy (yes, I am horrible at movie trivia) and the ship is steaming ahead, hair is whipping back, the fresh air is hitting her face??? Ok, now picture Katelyn standing in a shopping cart- her feet are firmly planted towards the middle of the shopping cart and she is leaning forward hands gripped around the metal while Rick is RUNNING full steam through the parking lot. :) hehe. They seriously crack me up. Katelyn is shrieking with excitement as the wind whips her hair back and she takes in all the fresh air that is coming right at her. So in our scenario- Rick is the ship. LOL.
Katelyn has a total blast with him, she is quite the daddy's girl.

During naps, she insists on using Rick's jersey as a blanket. How sweet is that? She also insists on wearing her jersey to sleep and if I let her, she would wear it all day everyday. Yeah, I dress her in cute little dresses and she strips out of them to wear the jersey that she proudly tells everyone her daddy bought her. Seriously, sometimes I think I am chop liver! HAHA. On a more serious note, it melts my heart to see how much she adores Rick. He is an amazing father.

Day 115:

Katelyn proudly picked out flowers for grandma and her cake too. :) Lucky girl even got to help open a gift.

We have a MOUNTAIN of clothes that has consumed the upstairs bedrooms. Typically this doesn't happen but I am actually trying to somehow downsize the amount of baby clothes Alyssa has. She has more clothes that I do! I brought in the buckets from the garage... My plan is to organize the clothes by size and put it all away in her closet. She is starting to grow into her 6 months clothes- I can't believe how big she is getting!

No comments:

Post a Comment